Prep time: 5 mins
Total time: 5 mins
Yield: 1 large salad
Light, healthy and packed full of fiber and protein, this apple harvest salad is perfect for lunch or dinner. Fall has never tasted so fresh!
- 3 c. lightly packed spinach or spring mix greens
- ¼ c. cooked quinoa
- 1 small or medium apple, cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp. pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 3 tbsp. dried cranberries
- 3 tbsp. pecans (halves or chopped)
- For the vinaigrette:
- 1 tsp. minced shallot
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper
- Add greens to a large dinner plate or salad bowl. Top with the cooked (and cooled) quinoa, apple chunks, pepitas, dried cranberries and pecans.
- To make the vinaigrette, combine the shallot and vinegar in a small mixing bowl, whisk to combine. Slowly add the olive oil by pouring in a steady stream, whisking vigorously until emulsified. Drizzle the salad with the dressing and serve immediately.
Notes: If you plan on making this salad for dinner, try adding slices of chicken seasoned with herbes de provence or if you're vegetarian try adding cubes of roasted butternut squash!