Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 20 mins
Homemade apple cinnamon doughnuts. Perfect gift idea or fall treat.
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 2 Green Apples
- For the topping:
- 4 tablespoons butter (melted)
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel and grate your apples.
- You want to remove as much juice/moisture as you can from the grated apple so place it on paper towels and squeeze.
- Next combine all the dry ingredients in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Add the apple to the wet ingredients and stir just until incorporated.
- Next add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until incorporated.
- Fill each ring ½ to ⅔ full- making sure the batter isn't poring over the rings.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until the tops are firm and offer a ittle bounce back when you press down.
- Leave donuts in the pan to cool for about 5 minutes.
- Next to make the topping, mix the sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl.
- Take the cooled donuts and dip into the melted butter and then sprinkle generously with the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- You can also put the cinnamon sugar in a bag and pop the butter covered donut in that and then shake the bag well to coat.
- Set on a cooling rack until cool and then enjoy!