Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 25 mins
- 5- ( 8 oz) skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut in half
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup gluten free flour (I used King Arthur's)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth, low sodium
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup capers, rinsed
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Place each chicken breast portion between two pieces of plastic wrap.
- Using the flat side of a meat mallet, pound each breast until its about 1/4 inch thick.
- Remove top plastic wrap and salt and pepper chicken then dredge in flour. Shake off excess flour.
- Heat a large saute pan with oil.
- Cook chicken until lightly browned and no longer pink in center, turning halfway through cooking.
- Remove chicken and set aside in a covered container to keep warm.
- Reduce heat to low. Add broth, garlic, capers, and lemon juice to saute pan and simmer for about 2 minutes until slightly reduced.
- Return chicken to pan and heat through.
- Serve chicken with capers and lemon juices over top and sprinkle with parsley.