Creamy, cheesy pasta that is light on calories but big on flavor!
- 12 ounces fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1 cup freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- In a pot of boiling, salted water, cook the fettuccine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté 1 minute, stirring frequently, until fragrant. Sprinkle in flour and stir to combine. Cook for another minute then slowly pour in the chicken broth and milk, whisking to combine. Continue cooking, whisking constantly, until the sauce is bubbly and thickened. Stir in the Parmesan, salt, pepper, and nutmeg, and reduce heat to medium-low until pasta finishes cooking. Drain the fettuccine and toss with the sauce. Serve immediately and garnish with chopped parsley, if desired.